Registration Timeline for Teaching Faculty
Monday, April 22 – Monday, April 29 Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors will preregister in PeopleSoft.
- Preregistration advising for on-campus students should be completed by Thursday, April 25.
- There are no enrollment caps or instructor consent flags on courses at this point.
- Faculty can check the progress of enrollments and class rosters using the PeopleSoft/FACSIS Faculty Center.
April 30 – July 7 First-year preregistration and department review of enrollments
- First-year advisong should be completed before Sunday, June 23.
- Incoming first-year preregistrations are added to courses, beginning July 1st.
- Department chairs review preregistration demand. Some courses may be cancelled, some meeting times may be changed or extra sections may be added for high demand courses.
- Enrollments in multi-sectioned courses will be balanced (first pass).
Monday, July 8 – Monday, July 29 Instructor review of course enrollments.
- Registration will be open to incoming first-year students, but closed to upperclass students.
- Enrollment caps have been set on courses at this point.
- Instructors with overenrolled courses will receive class lists from the Registrar’s Office for review and selection of students. Any student dropped from overenrolled courses will be notified by e-mail. This review of overenrolled courses must be completed by July 29. Except for placement or prerequisite issues, it is not appropriate to drop students from courses after July 29.
- Instructor consent flags are set on overenrolled courses when students are dropped. Department chairs or individual instructors may request an instructor consent flag on other courses, where it seems appropriate.
Tuesday, August 6 - Sunday, August 18 - Registration is open in PeopleSoft
- Registration will open to students dropped from overenrolled or cancelled courses on August 6; registration will open to all students on August 13.
- Students will receive an e-mail just prior to re-opening registration indicating that their current enrollment is secure. No further drops may be made by instructors, except for placement or prerequisite issues.
- Students may make changes to registration within the constraints of any enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set. Students may be contacting instructors with closed or instructor consent courses asking to be on waitlists.
August 19 – September 1 Registration is closed in PeopleSoft
- Enrollments in multi-sectioned courses are balanced (second pass).
- Lab and conference enrollment caps are set where needed to control balance; virtual sections are created.
Monday evening, September 2 – Friday, September 13 PeopleSoft is open for Drop/add.
- Students may make registration changes online within the constraints of any enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set.
- Students will be contacting instructors with closed or instructor consent courses for permission to add courses.
- First class meetings are on Tuesday evening 9/3 (organizational meetings), Wednesday 9/4/ (Thursday class schedule) or Friday, September 6.
- After first-class meetings, all classes require instructor consent to add, whether instructor consent is flagged in PeopleSoft or not. Students should contact instructors for permission is adding a class after the first class meeting.
Monday, October 28 Preregistration for Spring 2014 will begin.
If you have any questions concerning this Registration Timeline, please email Mary.L.Morrison@williams.edu or call the Registrar’s Office at extension 4286.