for Upperclass Students
Monday, April 22 – Monday, April 29 SELFREG is open for Preregistration.
- All on-campus students must meet with an advisor prior to preregistering (students should meet with an advisor by Thursday, April 25).
- Preregister for four courses for Fall 2013. There are no enrollment caps or instructor consent flags at this point.
- Note any enrollment limits and priorities listed in the catalog description. If you preregister for a limited enrollment course, think about an alternative in case you are later dropped from the course.
- Note if you are preregistering for a multi-sectioned course (including lab or conference courses). You may later be assigned to a different section of the course.
April 30 – mid-August - Registration is closed in SELFREG
by July 8
- First-year preregistrations are added to courses, beginning July 1st. At this point upperclass students can see if their preregistration choices have overenrolled (closed).
- Departments review preregistration demand. Some courses may be cancelled, some meeting times may be changed or extra sections may be added for high demand courses. Students will be notified by e-mail of any course cancellations or meeting time changes.
- Enrollments in multi-sectioned courses are balanced by July 5th.
Monday, July 8 – Monday, August 5
- Instructors with overenrolled courses will review class lists and select students. Any student dropped from overenrolled courses will be notified by e-mail.
Tuesday, August 6 - Sunday, August 18 - Registration is open in SELFREG, as follows:
- Tuesday, 8/6 - Monday, 8/12 - Registration is open only to students dropped from overenrolled or cancelled courses (this does not include being moved to another section in a multi-sectioned course). Students will receive an e-mail reminder prior to these dates.
- Tuesday, 8/13 - Sunday, 8/18 - Registration is open to all students. Students not in the group above will receive an e-mail reminder prior to these dates.
- Students should consider their enrollment in courses secure at this point; any exceptions to this will be noted in e-mails sent prior to the re-opening of registration.
- Students may make changes to registration within the constraints of any enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set.
August 20 – September 3 Registration is closed in SELFREG
- Enrollments in multi-sectioned courses are balanced again.
- Administrative holds for drop/add are set.
Monday evening, September 2 – Friday, September 13 SELFREG is open for Drop/add.
- Check SELFREG for holds before drop/add opens and clear any administrative holds as early as you can.
- Check your schedule in SELFREG. If you enrolled in a multi-sectioned course, you may be assigned to a different section.
- First-class meetings will be Tuesday evening 9/3 (organizational meetings), Wednesday 9/4 (Thursday class schedule) and Friday 9/6.
- After first-class meetings, all classes require instructor consent to add, whether instructor consent is flagged in PeopleSoft or not. Always check with the instructor if you are adding after the first-meeting.
Monday, October 28 Preregistration for Spring 2014 will begin.