for Upperclass Students
Monday, April 25 – Monday, May 2 - Preregistration is open in PeopleSoft.
- All on-campus students must meet with an advisor prior to preregistering (students should meet with an advisor by Thursday, April 28).
- Preregister for four courses for Fall 2016. There are no enrollment caps or instructor consent flags at this point.
- Note any enrollment limits and priorities listed in the catalog description. If you preregister for a limited enrollment course, think about an alternative in case you are later dropped from the course.
- Note if you are preregistering for a multi-sectioned course (including lab or conference courses). You may later be assigned to a different section of the course.
May 4 – mid-August - Registration is closed in PeopleSoft
by July 5
- First-year preregistrations are added to courses, beginning June 27. At this point upperclass students can see if their preregistration choices have overenrolled (closed).
- Departments review preregistration demand. Some courses may be cancelled, some meeting times may be changed or extra sections may be added for high demand courses. Students will be notified by e-mail of any course cancellations or meeting time changes.
- Enrollments in multi-sectioned courses are balanced by July 5th.
Tuesday, July 5 – Monday, August 8
- Instructors with overenrolled courses will review class lists and select students. Any student dropped from overenrolled courses will be notified by e-mail.
Tuesday, August 9 - Sunday, August 21 - Registration is open in PeopleSoft, as follows:
- Tuesday, 8/9 - Monday, 8/15 - Registration is open only to students dropped from overenrolled or cancelled courses (this does not include being moved to another section in a multi-sectioned course). Students will receive an e-mail reminder prior to these dates.
- Tuesday, 8/16 - Sunday, 8/21 - Registration is open to all students. Students not in the group above will receive an e-mail reminder prior to these dates.
- Students should consider their enrollment in courses secure at this point; any exceptions to this will be noted in e-mails sent prior to the re-opening of registration.
- Students may make changes to registration within the constraints of any enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set.
August 22 – September 5 Registration is closed in PeopleSoft
- Enrollments in multi-sectioned courses are balanced again.
- Administrative holds for drop/add are set.
Tuesday evening, September 6 – Friday, September 16 - Drop/add is open in PeopleSoft.
- Check PeopleSoft for holds before drop/add opens and clear any administrative holds as early as you can.
- Check your schedule in PeopleSoft. If you enrolled in a multi-sectioned course, you may be assigned to a different section.
- First-class meetings will be: Thursday 9/8, Thursday evening 9/8 (organizational meetings for courses not meeting Thursday or Friday), and Friday 9/9.
- After first-class meetings, all classes require instructor consent to add, whether instructor consent is flagged in PeopleSoft or not. Always check with the instructor if you are adding after the first-meeting.
Monday, October 31 Preregistration for Spring 2017 will begin.