Registration Timeline for Teaching Faculty
Monday, April 24 – Monday, May 1 Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors will preregister in PeopleSoft.
- Preregistration advising for on-campus students should be completed by Thursday, April 27.
- There are no enrollment caps or instructor consent flags on courses at this point.
- Faculty can check the progress of enrollments and class rosters using the PeopleSoft Faculty Center.
May 2 – June 30 First-year preregistration and department review of enrollments
- First-year advising should be completed before Sunday, June 18.
- Incoming first-year preregistrations are added to courses, beginning June 26.
- Department chairs review preregistration demand. Some courses may be cancelled, some meeting times may be changed or extra sections may be added for high demand courses.
- Enrollments in multi-sectioned courses will be balanced (first pass).
Monday, July 3 – Monday, July 31 Instructor review of course enrollments.
- Registration will be closed to all students.
- Enrollment caps have been set on courses at this point.
- Instructors with overenrolled courses will receive class lists from the Registrar’s Office for review and selection of students. Any student dropped from overenrolled courses will be notified by e-mail. This review of overenrolled courses must be completed by July 31. Except for placement or prerequisite issues, it is not appropriate to drop students from courses after July 31.
- Instructor consent flags are set on overenrolled courses when students are dropped. Department chairs or individual instructors may request an instructor consent flag on other courses, where it seems appropriate.
Tuesday, August 8 - Sunday, August 20 - Registration is open in PeopleSoft
- Registration will open to students dropped from overenrolled or cancelled courses, as well as to new first-year and transfer students on August 8; registration will open to all students on August 15.
- Students will receive an e-mail just prior to re-opening registration indicating that their current enrollment is secure. No further drops may be made by instructors, except for placement or prerequisite issues.
- Students may make changes to registration within the constraints of any enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set. Students may be contacting instructors with closed or instructor consent courses asking to be on waitlists.
August 21 – September 4 Registration is closed in PeopleSoft
- Enrollments in multi-sectioned courses are balanced (second pass).
- Lab and conference enrollment caps are set where needed to control balance; virtual sections are created.
Tuesday evening, September 5 – Friday, September 15 Drop/add is open in PeopleSoft.
- Students may make registration changes online within the constraints of any enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set.
- Students will be contacting instructors with closed or instructor consent courses for permission to add courses.
- First-class meetings will be: Thursday 9/7, Thursday evening 9/7 (organizational meetings for courses not meeting Thursday or Friday), and Friday 9/8.
- After first-class meetings, all classes require instructor consent to add, whether instructor consent is flagged in PeopleSoft or not. Students should contact instructors for permission if adding a class after the first class meeting.
Monday, October 30 Preregistration for Spring 2018 will begin.
If you have any questions concerning this Registration Timeline, please email Mary.L.Morrison@williams.edu or call the Registrar’s Office at extension 4286.