Registration Timeline for Faculty Spring 2011
Monday, November 1 – Monday, November 8 Students will preregister in SELFREG
- There are no enrollment caps or instructor consent flags on courses at this point.
- Faculty can check the progress of enrollments and class rosters using the PeopleSoft/FACSIS Faculty Center or the queries under Queries and Forms.
November 9 – November 21 Registration is closed in SELFREG
- Department chairs review preregistration demand. Some courses may be cancelled, some meeting times may be changed or extra sections may be added for high demand courses.
- Enrollment caps are set.
Monday, November 22 – Wednesday, January 19 SELFREG is open for registration changes
- By mid-November, instructors with overenrolled courses will receive class lists from the Registrar’s Office for review. and selection of students. Any student dropped from overenrolled courses will be notified by e-mail. This review of overenrolled courses and e-mail notification should be completed in time for students to select an alternate course and register in SELFREG before the end of fall semester finals. It is not appropriate to wait until February to drop students because of overenrollment.
- Instructor consent flags are set on overenrolled courses when students are dropped. Department chairs or individual instructors can request an instructor consent flag on other courses, where it seems appropriate.
- Students may make changes to registration within the constraints of any enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set. Students may be contacting instructors with closed or instructor consent courses asking to be on waitlists.
January 20 –January 30 Registration is closed in SELFREG
- Multi-sectioned courses are balanced.
- Lab and conference enrollment caps are set where needed to control balance; virtual sections are created.
Monday evening, January 31 – Friday, February 11 SELFREG is open for Drop/add
- Students may make registration changes online within the constraints of any enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set.
- Students will be contacting instructors with closed or instructor consent courses for permission to add courses.
- First class meetings are on Wednesday, February 2 or Friday, February4; organizational meetings will be on Wednesday evening, February 2 for classes that do not normally meet Thursday or Friday.
Monday, April 25 Preregistration for Fall 2011 will begin
If you have any questions concerning this Registration Timeline, please email Mary.M.Morrison@williams.edu or call the Registrar’s Office at extension 4286.