Registration Timeline for Students Spring 2017
Monday, October 31 – Monday, November 7 Preregistration is open in PeopleSoft.
- All on-campus First year and Sophomore students must meet with an advisor prior to preregistering.
- Preregister for four courses for Spring 2017. There are no enrollment caps or instructor consent flags at this point.
- Note any enrollment limits and enrollment preferences listed in the catalog description. If you preregister for a limited enrollment course, think about an alternative in case you are later dropped from the course.
- Note if you are preregistering for a multi-sectioned course (including lab or conference courses). You may later be assigned to a different section of the course.
November 8 – early January Registration is closed in PeopleSoft
by November 14
- Departments review preregistration demand. Some courses may be cancelled, some meeting times may be changed or extra sections may be added for high demand courses. Students will be notified by e-mail of any course cancellations or meeting time changes.
- Multi-sectioned courses are balanced by November 11th.
Monday, November 14 – Monday, December 12
- Instructors with overenrolled courses will review class lists and select students. Any student dropped from overenrolled courses will be notified by e-mail.
Tuesday, January 3 - Sunday, January 15 - Registration is open in PeopleSoft, as follows:
- Tuesday 1/3 - Monday 1/9 - Registration is open only to students dropped from overenrolled or cancelled courses (this does not include being moved to another section in a multi-sectioned course). Students will receive an e-mail reminder prior to these dates.
- Tuesday 1/10 - Sunday 1/15 - Registration is open to all students. Students not in the group above will receive an e-mail reminder prior to these dates.
- Students should consider their enrollment in courses secure at this point; any exceptions to this will be noted in e-mails sent prior to the re-opening of registration.
- Students may make changes to registration within the constraints of any enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set.
- Enrollment is limited to four courses.
January 16 - January 29 Registration is closed in PeopleSoft
- Multi-sectioned courses are balanced again.
- Administrative holds for drop/add are set.
Monday evening, January 30 – Friday, February 10 PeopleSoft is open for Drop/add.
- Check PeopleSoft for holds before drop/add opens and clear any administrative holds as early as you can.
- Check your schedule in PeopleSoft. If you preregistered for a multi-sectioned course, you may be assigned to a section other than what you preregistered for..
- First-class meetings will be: Wednesday 2/3 (following Thursday's schedule), Wednesday evening 2/3 (organizational meetings for courses not normally meeting Thursday or Friday), and Friday 2/5.
- After first-class meetings, all classes require instructor consent to add, whether instructor consent is flagged in PeopleSoft or not. Always check with the instructor if you are adding after the first-meeting.
- You may add a fifth extra graded course, if you wish.
Monday, April 24 Preregistration for Fall 2017 will begin.