Registration Timeline for Students Spring 2011
Monday, November 1 – Monday, November 8 SELFREG is open for Preregistration.
- All on-campus First year and Sophomore students must meet with an advisor prior to preregistering.
- Preregister for four courses for Spring 2011. There are no enrollment caps or instructor consent flags at this point.
- Note any enrollment limits and enrollment preferences listed in the catalog description. If you preregister for a limited enrollment course, think about an alternative in case you are later dropped from the course.
- Note if you are preregistering for a multi-sectioned course (including lab or conference courses). You may later be assigned to a different section of the course.
November 9 – November 21 Registration is closed in SELFREG
- Departments review preregistration requests. Some courses may be cancelled, some meeting times may be changed or extra sections may be added for high demand courses.
- E-mails will be sent to any students preregistered for cancelled courses, and to students in courses with class meeting time changes that might cause scheduling problems.
- First pass at balancing enrollments in multi-sectioned courses will be done. Students may be assigned to a different section.
November 22 – January 19 SELFREG is open for registration changes.
- Enrollment caps have been set on courses at this point.
- By late-December, instructors with overenrolled courses will review class lists and select students. Students dropped from overenrolled courses will be notified by e-mail. This review of overenrolled courses and e-mail notification should be completed in time for students to select an alternate course and register in SELFREG.
- Students may make changes to registration within the constraints of any enrollment caps and instructor consent flags set.
January 20 –January 30 Registration is closed in SELFREG
- Enrollments in multi-sectioned courses are balanced. Students may be assigned to a different section.
- Administrative holds for drop/add are set.
Monday evening, January 31 – Friday, February 11 SELFREG is open for Drop/add.
- Check SELFREG for holds before drop/add opens and clear any administrative holds as early as you can.
- Check your schedule in SELFREG. If you preregistered for a multi-sectioned course, you may be assigned to a section other than what you preregistered for.
- You may designate one of your four courses with the Gaudino grading option.
- You may add a fifth Pass/Fail course, if you wish.
Monday, April 25 Preregistration for Fall 2011 will begin.