Office of the Registrar

peoplesoft login

Ordering an Official or Unofficial Transcript (paper or certified PDF)

You will be able to attach documents to your online order!

Current and former students who are able to log in to PeopleSoft (class of 2005 and forward): (for those who can't access PeopleSoft, click here).

Once you log in to PeopleSoft, navigate to Self Service>Academic Records. By logging in to PeopleSoft, your identity is validated. Therefore, no signed consent form is required.

Select “Request Official Transcript”



For students who are not able to log in to PeopleSoft:

Use the National Student Clearinghouse to order your official transcript. A valid Social Security Number (or Williams College ID number) and a signed consent form will be required.

Or, if you're on campus, and you need a hard copy of your transcript, you can also take the old fashioned route and stop by the Registrar's Office, 2nd Floor Hopkins, to fill out a paper request.

If you prefer, you can also send a written request (click here for the self mailer).

Due to FERPA restrictions we are unable to accept e-mail requests.

We are happy to place your Official Transcript in a signed and sealed envelope; if you need this, please remember to select that option on the order. If you need an “UNOFFICIAL” copy of your transcript (only available for pickup, by mail or by fax), please note that under “Special instructions:” under the “DELIVERY OPTIONS” section.

There is no charge for Official or Unofficial Transcripts unless you request overnight delivery.

Requests for e-Transcripts are generally processed and delivered within one business day of the request being placed.

Requests for Official or Unofficial paper Transcripts generally take 2 business days to process except during busy periods, such as the start and end of terms, when it may take up to 5 business days. Please order Official paper Transcripts at least one week in advance of the required mailing date.

Click here for step-by-step online ordering instructions and screen shots.

If you have any questions about transcript ordering, please contact the Registrar's Office:

Phone: 413-597-4286



More Information About the Types of Transcripts

Williams provides students with four versions of their academic record:

  • Official paper transcript (on purple, heat sensitive security paper which includes the Williams College seal); this version can be delivered to you or to the 3rd party(ies) you have indicated. You need to let us know if the transcript needs to be in a signed and sealed envelope.
  • Official, certified electronic transcript (PDF) (A certified electronic transcript will contain the original registrar’s digital signature and Williams College’s official watermark seal as well as the “blue ribbon” certification icon marked at the top of Adobe Reader); this version can be delivered to you or to the 3rd party(ies) you have indicated.
  • Unofficial paper transcript (only available for pick-up, by regular mail or fax)--The unofficial paper transcript looks the same as the Official transcript, with the word "UNOFFICIAL" printed at the top of the document—typically you would use this version for your own purpose or if you were sending it to another Williams College office.
  • Internal “Academic Progress Report” (APR) (you can access this directly through PeopleSoft; the APR includes placement test information and “notes” about your record which do not appear on the official or unofficial transcript)

Questions or concerns?
Send Email

Registrar Home . | .Williams Home