Room Reservations and Dining Services Policies
Student groups and organizations should contact the Office of Student Activities at 413/597-2546 for assistance in planning your event.
Faculty and Staff
Williams College faculty and staff should follow the steps below when catering services are needed.
The process of confirming space availability and the reservation of rooms is done electronically. Please review the College's Calendar of Events to determine if the space you are requesting is available.
To do this, go to the Williams Room Scheduler Program.
For space in the Faculty House, you can also call Nicole at the Catering office for reservations at 413-597-3206.
If the space is available, please contact the Catering office at 413-597-3206, or submit a request online to check the availability of Catering and request their services before proceeding. Confirmation of a space on campus does not automatically guarantee Dining Services availability; catering must be reserved separately.
Deadline for Finalizing Details
Ten days prior to your event, all event details and menu development must be finalized with Catering. This will allow the staff sufficient time to make purchases and determine the necessary staffing arrangements.
Please contact catering to discuss and finalize the details of your event. Please have the following information available when you call:
- the location, date and time of your event
- an idea of how much you plan to spend on your event
- the type of meal desired (buffet, served, reception or delivery)
- an estimated guest count
- a College account number to be charged
Events that are not finalized within the two week timeframe will be subject to Dining Services' ability to provide the requested service in addition to a $25 minimum service fee.
An event confirmation form will be sent to you outlining the details of the arrangements you have made. Please review this form carefully and call us immediately if you would like to make any changes
- Dining Services requires that the actual number of expected guests be received 72 hours prior to the event. If we do not receive your guarantee by that time, you will be billed for 90% of the guaranteed number or the actual attendance figure.We staff and prepare for the guaranteed number plus 5%.
- Cancellation without 72 hours notice will be subject to labor charges.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours notice will be billed for 90% of the guaranteed figure.
Minimum Notice Requirements *
- 5 Days - Beverage service and simple snacks
- 10 Days - Events requiring menu selection, such as luncheons & dinners
- 30 Days - Large events requiring special menu planning & complex details or special licenses
- College business takes precedence over social events. For this reason, confirmations for private events can not be given more than 6 months in advance
* Requests made after the minimum time requirement may be subject to additional charges
Menu prices are listed under plan an event.
- Served Dinner
- Minimum charge: $250.00
- Minimum charge: $300.00
- Coffee breaks, food-to-go, etc.
- Minimum charge: $40.00
- Delivery Charges
- Round Trip: $25.00
- Service after 7 p.m. & Weekends
- Subject to additional labor charges
- Private meeting space after 5 p.m.
- Subject to set-up and labor charges
All luncheons, dinners, & buffet prices include full linen service. Requests for special or additional linen will be an extra charge.
Events requiring rental china, glassware, etc. will be charged current rental fees.
Faculty House Room Rental *
- Living Room: $150.00
- Main Dining Room: $150.00
- Lounge: $100.00
- Special set-up charge: $150.00
* College business is not subject to rental charges
Events requiring special decor, flowers, and multi-media equipment are subject to additional charges. A deposit will be required for social events with full refunds given if cancellation occurs two months prior to the event.
Williams College is sensitive to the dietary needs of our customers.
Vegetarian and Vegan options are available upon request.
Accommodations can be made for guests with food allergies.
Children’s menus are available.
In compliance with health regulations, leftover food remains the property of Williams College Dining Services and cannot be provided to guests following a catered event. No credit will be issued for leftover food or unused items.
Bills are payable within 30 days of the invoice.