- You can only be in an experiment if you have received an invitation e-mail for that experiment.
- To participate in an experiment, you MUST respond to an invitation e-mail.
- Extra participants may be invited to sessions to ensure there will be enough participants. At times, we "bump" excess participants. Bumped participants get a bump payment of $5.00 and are eligible for subsequent sessions.
- If you show up late and the session has already begun, you MUST NOT interrupt the session and you are not eligible for the $5.00 bump payment.
- You MUST bring a photo ID (e.g. a student ID) to experiment sessions so the experimenter can verify your identity. If you do not bring an ID you may not be allowed to participate.
- When you register for an experiment, you are making a commitment to be there.
- Each time you fail to show up for an experiment for which you are registered, a point is added to your reputation score.
- The more points you have, the less likely you are to be invited to future experiments. Once your reputation score reaches three points, you will not receive any more invitations.
- If you are a registered participant, you can see your reputation score in your profile.